Saturday, January 23, 2010

Survived after 11 days

Exantus, the latest survivor in the Haiti disaster was pulled after 11 days under wooden wreckage in Haiti's capital. "I was hungry," Exantus told The Associated Press from his hospital bed soon after the rescue. "But every night I thought about the revelation that I would survive."

Exantus was trapped in a small space under the desk and had been lying in his back the entire time. He survived by eating cookies and by drinking beer and cola. "I would eat anything I found," he said. "After the quake I didn't know when it was day and when it was night."

Experts say the chance of saving trapped people begins diminishing after 72 hours.

Exantus was just way too lucky too survive... Thanks for the cookies and beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment